There is lots of information about THE BELL BETWEEN WORLDS in other places, but on this website I wanted to offer an insight into the background to the trilogy, my ideas and my writing. So here, along with the usual synopsis you will find:
- A short introduction to the trilogy: The Story Behind the Story
- An extract of the book taken from one of the pivotal chapters, The Chime
- A prologue to the trilogy, written especially and exclusively for online release
- A deleted scene from the book, featuring some very peculiar magic…
- Lots of information about my the creative writing workshops, based on the book
- Various articles that I have written and interviews I have given about THE BELL BETWEEN WORLDS
- Reviews, both from the traditional media and the amazingly vibrant blogging community
“Johnstone effortlessly conjures up elaborate worlds rich in both magic and fantasy. The Mirror Chronicles has an enchanting quality that is capable of standing shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Chronicles of Narnia and His Dark Materials … This highly-charged adventure is a delightful page-turner for both children and adults alike.” – The Bookseller (We Love This Book)
Half of your soul is missing.
The lost part is in the mirror.
And unless Sylas Tate can save you, you will never be whole again.
Sylas Tate leads a lonely existence since his mother died. But then the tolling of a giant bell draws him into another world known as the Other, where he discovers not only that he has an inborn talent for the nature-influenced magic of the Fourth Way, but also that his mother might just have come from this strange parallel place.
Meanwhile, evil forces are stirring, and an astounding revelation awaits Sylas as to the true nature of the Other. As violence looms and the stakes get ever higher, Sylas must seek out a girl called Naeo who might just be the other half of his soul – otherwise the entire universe may fall…
Categories:The Bell Between Worlds